Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ashli A. Stretton, CVT!!!


After graduating in May...the next step was to prepare for my VTNE.  The National Veterinary Technician Board Examination...I decided last minute to schedule my test for a week and a half before I would be taking it!  CRAZY!  I was planning to take it in Mid-August...so I would have time to casually study and prepare...  Well I though why not... So for a week and a half solid I was GLUED...literally to my books!  I was cramming Veterinary Medicine to the MAX!

I couldn't sleep the night of my exam (of course) so I woke up super early to study some more!  The time had come...It had taken me years to get to this point and I had finally made it!  I was soooo nervous and down right scared!...not to mention I felt so sick!

Once I sat down in my little cubicle to take my test... I felt a little uneasy... this place is filled with cameras and people watching me (to make sure you don't cheat)...kinda FREAKY!  I had to get mentally blocked... I said a prayer and away I went! 

About halfway through my exam I was preparing for a FAIL on this exam.  Nothing...NOTHING....that I studied was even on this exam!  It was crazy random information...that no human being should be forced to have in their brains! 

Two hours...and lots of prayers and conversations with God later... I hit the Submit Exam Button!  WHEW....  In tiny print was....passed.  Praise God!  I will never have to take this exam again!  I was ecstatic!  I ran out the door and fell into Nate's arms!  He was so very proud...which made me feel great!  Called everyone I could think of to let them know my GREAT NEWS!

Anyways...Thank You Everyone for all of your love and support throughout this LONG Journey!  I am so glad to be done!  I feel so accomplished!  AND now I can devote 100% of my home time to my FAMILY!  No more books for a while!  Yay!


Wanted to share this one!  Madi likes to go to work with me on weekends.... She is "examing" Libby our clinic dog!  Future DVM!

No comments:

Post a Comment